About Department of Dietetics – Apollo Hospitals Group
The philosophy of the Department of Dietetics in our Group is to establish and encourage good nutritional practices and standards as an integral part of the health care provided. Being patient-centric is not a goal, it is the core of our existence.
Objectives of Our Department
- To provide the highest quality nutrition care and dietetic services
- To advancing practice of clinical nutrition including developing specialist dietetic teams within the department
- To develop effective therapies and new treatments, using evidence-based practice and
- To educate future Dietitians and other healthcare providers.
We have over 170 qualified Clinical Dietitians in our group under the able leadership of Dr. Bhuvaneshwari Shankar, who is passionate in constantly upgrading the knowledge of our group Dietitians. The pride of our team is to sustain quality in clinical practice and to ensure this, even at entry level, we have only Masters in Clinical Nutrition with atleast 6 months internship from a multispeciality hospital.
Dr. Bhuvaneshwari Shankar, Ph D., RD.,
Vice President (Dietetics) & Group Chief Dietitian
Head – Department of Dietetics,
Apollo Hospitals Group
Teacher, ESPEN Diploma in Clinical Nutrition
Reviewer international Journal of Child health and Nutrition
Quality improvement initiatives
We pride ourselves for our commitment; single-minded passion and going the extra mile to stay relevant and revolutionary in the field of clinical nutrition which has helped us adopt new innovations and technologies as “an approach for quality improvement to benchmark our nutrition practices”.
- The 1st Indian Hospital to have accomplished a distinct place in International Nutrition Survey (INS) 2012 in the Global map where 183 ICUs participated and Apollo Hospitals Main, Chennai and Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Madurai won the Best of Best award in Critical Care Nutrition practices.
- 10 ICU of Apollo Hospitals across India participated in INS 2013, 2014
- Nutrition Day World Wide – 15 ICUs and 4 Oncology units of Apollo Hospitals across India have participated in the Nutrition day survey 2013, 2014